This week’s Monday Meme is all about viewer setup, helpful tools and HUDS. “Meme Instruction: Share a screenshot of your viewer setup and/or a list of tools/HUDS you guys use to make your Second Life experiences better.”
I guess I’ll start with my normal view on the world.
I use the Catznip viewer, because it’s the only viewer that runs stably on my computer. I tend to have quite a bit of clutter on my screen, but not a lot of HUDs. So what do I have on there?
- My Vista Animations AO. (bottom corner, left)The only HUD I use all the time. It has some nice features… I think. I never actually use them, so I’m not sure!
- The chat window. (bottom corner, left)No explanation needed I think.
- Camera controls. (upper corner, left)I use these so often I just leave them open permanently.
- Mini map. (upper corner, left) I always use this in crowded places, because you can see where people are before they’ve rezzed. That way I can avoid bumping into people.
- Statistics bar. (bottom corner, right)Just to make sure everything is running smoothly.
I tend to keep my graphics-setting pretty low when I’m just walking around. I definitely prefer stability over pretty shadows. Only when I’m ready to take pictures do I switch on the visual pretties. That is also the moment I dig some more tools and HUDs out of my inventory.
So, what extra stuff do I use when I’m taking pictures?
- The Edit Sky Preset Menu. Why do I use this instead of just choosing a preset? Because I never use a preset “as is”. I always fiddle around with it and I never actually save the end result.
- The AnyPose Expression HUD. It does what it says on the tin and it’s free. What’s not to like?
- A pose ball. Yes, a pose ball. Of the type that used to float above furniture. I know there are all kinds of systems around where you can pre-load poses etc., but I’m just to lazy to set those up. So I just drop my pose into my pose ball and then move the thing in edit-mode. It gets the job done.
I have more pose-tools in my inventory. But as I said, I’m just too lazy to set them up. So I can’t really tell if they’re actually any good…
And that is pretty much it. I’ll post the credits for my outfit when I actually post the look. I promise I’ll get around to it soon(ish).