… *runs a finger throught the layer of dust covering the blog*
O dear, this rather embarrassing…
So yes, I’ve been away from Second Life for while. No big dramatic reasons, just needed a bit of a break.
Only after reading Strawberry Singh’s Monday Meme post, did I realise that I had apparently missed the latest Linden Lab disaster. Is it a bad sign that I’m not really surprised?
Anyway, time to answer Berry’s questions about the new TOS:
- Do you usually read the TOS thoroughly before you hit accept? I know that I should, but no. I never read it. I always want to get on with it and just click accept.
- How do you feel about the new LL TOS changes, specially from August 15th and section 2.3. I’m amazed at how, well… stupid LL can be a times. No matter how these changes were meant, could they really not see this would anger a lot of their customers? And that that is a very bad thing? They should try to keep residents happy, not give them more reasons to leave.
- Do the changes affect you directly? I haven’t been a content-creator in very long time and I never made an income of SL anyway. So I don’t think it affects me directly. However, if creators decide to leave because of this, it will affect me. Because, without new content to play with, people will become bored and leave. Me included.
- What do you think people should do about this new change? I guess what people should do is all leave SL in protest. But realistically, I know that isn’t going happen. I think it will be a good idea to keep an eye on what LL does next. And explore some of the other virtual-world-options out there, just in case.
- Are you or have you ever thought about leaving Second Life? What would you do with your time/blogs/career if you ever did? Heh, just coming back from a SL hiatus, that’s a funny question. I regularly step away from Second Life for a while, but I don’t think I will ever completely leave. And what I would do with my time if I ever did? No idea… bake a cake?
- Hair – Magika (sabina.gully)
- Skin – League (nena.janus)
- Eyeshadow – cheLLe (chelle.carousel)
- Eyelashes – Maxi Gossamer (maxi.gossamer)
- Eyes – Poetic Colors (lano.ling)
- Hands and feet – Slink (siddean.munro)
- Neko Ears – OTCR (anisa.naumova)
- Neko tail – c( Two Cats ) (sei.minuet)
- Shirt – Ricielli (vliet.troncon)
- Pants – Jane (janie.marlowe)
- Shoes – Ingenue (betty.doyle)
- Necklace – Atelier AM (aya.huldschinsky)
- Pose – aDORKable (adorkable.peapod)