… week 5 of the 52 Weeks of Color Challenge part II.
This week’s color is patina, which is apparently a word to describe a sheen on wooden furniture produced by age, wear, and polishing. Sounds to me like a fancy word for ancient dirt. But I’m of course no furniture expert. Patina can also describe a green/grey tarnish that forms on the surface of bronze and similar metals, produced by oxidation. Which obviously brings us to this week’s color.
I found this a difficult color to find, and I didn’t quite hit the mark with this dress, but it’s close enough. I combined it with a jewellery set by Sweet Leonard that I bought ages ago, but completely forgot about.
I also got myself a pair of G Field‘s new rigged-mesh boots. They are available in lots of colors, but my wallet made me buy only the black ones (for now). Luckily they come with a HUD to change the color of the laces and trim, so they are easy to match to different outfits. Even to a patina one.
- Hair – Truth (truth.hawkes)
- Skin – Tres Blah (julliette.westerburg)
- Eyeliner – Pididdle (brutus.martinek)
- Eyes – Poetic Colors (lano.ling)
- Neko Ears – OTCR (anisa.naumova)
- Neko tail – How Vexing! (sei.minuet)
- Dress – Whippet&Buck (dakota.buck)
- Boots – G Field (cerberus.noel)
- Jewellery – Sweet Leonard:Needful Things (lady.leonard)